The following is a message from the ACC, Iowa Chapter.
Please join the ACC, Iowa Chapter, for the 6th Annual Corporate Counsel Forum on Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
Sponsored by: The Association of Corporate Counsel, Iowa Chapter
Program Location: Drake University Law School, Cartwright Hall, Des Moines
- Navigating the Fog of Immigration
- Figuring-Out How to Trump the Environment – Where is Environmental Regulation Headed?
- The #MeToo Movement and its Implications for Corporate Decision-Making
- New SEC Guidance on Cybersecurity Disclosures & Cybersecurity Enforcement
- Opportunity Zones & Opportunity Funds under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Tips on How to Effectively Work With and Negotiate with Regulators
- Bankruptcy Update
- Do You Really Need a Non-Compete and/or NDA?
- How to Discipline Employees for Social Media Posts Without Getting Sued
- New Tax Law – Emphasis on New Code Section for Pass-Through Businesses
- Labor & Employment Law under Trump: Where Are We and Where Are We Headed?
- Standards of Professional Conduct – Civility Under the Iowa Rules of Professional Conduct
- Administrative Proceedings to Challenge Patent Protection
- Data Security Issues and the Coming Wave of Personal Privacy Regulations
- The Ins and Outs of Comparative Advertising and Other Uses of Another’s Trademark
- A special lunch presentation on Business Etiquette & Manners
PRESENTERS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Belin McCormick
- Bradshaw Fowler
- Stinson Leonard Street
- Lynch Dallas
- McGrath North
- McKee Voorhees & Sease
- Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman
We anticipate this event will qualify for 6.5 hours of CLE and 1.0 hours of ethics in Iowa (subject to finalizing the program and filing for CLE credit). A complimentary hot breakfast buffet, hot lunch buffet, and networking reception will be provided. Please join us over the lunch hour for an entertaining presentation by Callista Gould. Callista Gould is a Certified Etiquette Instructor and Founder of the Culture and Manners Institute. Please see Ms. Gould’s website for additional information (http://cultureandmanners.com/).
Registration begins at 7 a.m.
Breakfast will be available from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
The program will run from 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
A networking reception will follow the program at 4:30 p.m.
This event is free to attend with registration for ACC members. To register as an ACC member, please click here.
Attorneys Working at Companies:
This event is free to attend with registration for all in-house attorneys. To register, please click here.