Clerk of Court Notice: Changes to Letters of Appointment process
The Linn County Clerk of Court issued a notice November 26 regarding changes to the processing of Letters of Appointment, effective immediately:
- There is no longer a fee for the issuance of Letters of Appointments.
- All Letters of Appointment will be created & issued by the Clerk of Court using the Judicial Department’s form. Forms supplied by Legal Counsel will not be accepted.
- If additional Letters are needed after the issuance of the original Letters, they will be issued by the Clerk using the original date of issuance and the Letters will indicate the date the duplicates were created.
- The Clerk of Court shall not issue any certified copies of Letters of Appointment.
- Letters shall not be issued on closed estates.