Legal software developer Rocket Matter is offering free legal software to any attorney — including LCBA members — who has been displaced by the flood.
The notice from Rocket Matters states:
For lawyers displaced by this season’s natural disasters, who have lost their office and need to find new digs, we are offering Rocket Matter free of charge. This offer stands for the remainder of 2008, and we can extend this until a new permanent home is established.
If you are in this situation, make sure that you are registered as displaced with the Linn County Bar, and feel free to contact me directly at larry (at) rocketmatter (dot) com or at 954.719.1944 x 103.
According to the Rocket Matter website, no software is actually needed to use its system. You just need an active connection to the Internet. The site states:
“With Rocket Matter, your calendar, contact, and billing information is:
- secured on routinely updated enterprise level servers
- stored in a highly secured facility where several municipalities maintain mission critical systems
- placed on a network monitored by security experts 24 hours a day
- available to you anytime, anyplace via encrypted connections
- backed-up daily to comply with malpractice standards”