The following is a job posting from RSH Legal.
WHAT WE NEED: RSH Legal is seeking an associate attorney to represent our workers’ compensation clients. Greater than two years of experience in workers’ compensation is preferred, but not required.
Traits necessary for your success in our firm:
- Passion for helping individual people of varied backgrounds
- Efficient work practices with the ability to handle a high volume of cases in various stages of litigation
- Courage to try cases that should not be settled
- Creativity in case strategy within an evolving area of law
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work independently, yet pitch in and help the team when needed
- Eager to contribute to the overall success of our firm by participating in marketing, business development and community outreach activities
- Willingness to attend continuing legal education opportunities and participate in organizations dedicated to the practice of representing injured workers
Skills necessary for the job:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple staff members
- Prompt responsiveness to prospective clients, educating them about Iowa’s workers’ compensation laws and determining whether their claims meet RSH Legal’s case-selection criteria
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, most often used during administrative law hearings
- Excellent legal research and writing skills, most often used for post-hearing and appellate briefing
- Attention to factual and legal nuance for successful resolution of cases within a highly structured legal framework
- Accurate case valuation and strong negotiation skills
- Proficient with technology including Adobe, MS Office Programs and ability to learn our case management system
WHAT WE OFFER:
RSH Legal has been representing injured workers for 30 years. We have honed an efficient, team-based approach to this practice area. As the leader of this team, the attorney will be supported by well-trained staff, who exclusively handle workers’ compensation cases, and an advanced electronic case processing system customized for our firm with automated processes and procedures.
We are a forward-thinking law firm and do not prescribe to the antiquated law firm “partnership track.” Instead, we provide our attorneys with an environment that allows them to practice law without the worries that come with running a business. We will provide a steady stream of work, competitive salary, employer-paid health insurance, a retirement plan, talented support staff and an efficient, comfortable office with mentorship and the tools you need to succeed in today’s workers’ compensation environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for the position, please provide a resume and cover letter to:
RSH Legal, P.C.
425 Second Street SE, Suite 1140
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 52401-1818